Mexican Chicken Bake with Avocado & Radish Salad
In the mood for Mexican? This will be a family favourite!
This easy-to-make (and even easier to eat) Mexican-style chicken tray bake can be served up in under an hour, making it a winner-winner chicken dinner!
Follow The Sensitive Home on
Instagram & Facebook
Cook Time 20 mins
Avocado & Radish Salad
• 300g small iceberg lettuce cut into quarters
• 150g of baby radish halved
• 160g avocado cut into wedges
• Finely grated zest and juice of 2 limes
• 2 teaspoons of gluten free Mexican Spice
• 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
Mexican Salsa Chicken
• 1 x 300g Jar of gluten free tomato salsa
• 600g of chicken tenderloins
• 300g of zucchini sliced into rounds or batons
• 425g of Chick peas • ¾ of gluten free chicken stock
• 200g Gluten free corn or tortillas chips
• 2 cups of Cheese
• Sour Cream & Coriander for serving
• Preheat the oven to 220c (200c fan forced). Place a baking dish in the oven to preheat
• To make the salsa chicken, combine the salsa, chicken, zucchini and stock in a large bowl. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper.
• Carefully place the chicken mixture in the hot baking dish and bake for 15mins or until the chicken is almost cooked through.
• Meanwhile, divide the lettuce, radish and avocado onto serving plates or if you prefer place in a serving bowl. Whisk together the lime zest juice, spice mix and olive oil in a small jug and season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Remove the chicken from the oven sprinkle with some cheese, then spread a layer of corn chips over the top. Sprinkle the remainder of the cheese over the top of the corn chips. Place back in the oven until cheese is melted and slightly golden. • Pour the dressing over the salad.
• Divide the chicken among the plates and serve with sour cream